In this internal you get to test your skills on a musical instrument (or using your voice) by performing pieces to an audience. Your performance will be videoed and sent to LearnCoach so that it can be graded and you can get your credits
As part of this internal you will:
(1) Select appropriate pieces of music
(2) Practice these pieces using the LearnCoach videos to ensure you are on track
(3) Perform to your audience, then send off the video, plus music score, and get your credits!
This assessment is based on on the NZQA 91416 achievement standard (version 2) document.
For this internal you should be a confident musician that can play Grade 5 pieces, or are in your 5th year of instrumental study.
You will also need to:
- Have access to a venue (somewhere quiet where we can clearly see or hear you)
- Video/audio recording equipment (most high quality phone cameras will be suitable)
- An audience of at least 3 people (these could be friends, family or fellow students)
If you've sat a similar standard in the past that has now expired, you cannot get the same credits a second time. Check the 'Exclusions List' to see recently updated standards.